Lunch / Breakfast Egg Cups with Horopito & Kawakawa
- 21 April 2020
You can make these 30 mins before lunch to eat fresh out of the oven. Or pre-make them and refrigerate, then just heat in microwave for a ready-to-go breakfast or lunch. Great healthy option for kids.
An simple and easy base recipe that you can customise with whatever other vegetables you have available.
This recipe makes about 8 normal muffin sized Egg Cups.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1.8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium capsicum
- 3 - 4 stems spring onion
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- Dried horopito and kawakawa to taste
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil, or wipe with butter, and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 190ºC.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the capsicum into small pieces, and chop the spring onion fine.
- Add the capsicum, spring onion, and cheese to mixture bowl. Give an initial stir.
- Add the salt, and sufficient dried horopito and dried kawakawa to suit your taste.
- Stir bowl again, then spoon or pour to fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until the centres are set and no longer runny, and tops just starting to brown.
- Allow to cool a little before serving, or save and refrigerate for later